Fancy a mouthwatering burger, topped with melted cheese, fresh tomatoes, crispy lettuce and slathering of vegan mayo? I know you do now. This delicious black bean burger is pretty simple to put together, and you can serve it up with a side of what ever takes your fancy! Bon Appetit!❤
Mouth Watering Bean Burger Recipe
- 1 can black beans drained keep 1 tbsp juice aquafaba
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup + 2tbsp panko crumbs
- 3 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 red onion choped
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp blackpepper
- 1 tsp mixed herbs (thyme, rosemary, marjoram)
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt note you may use less or more salt depending on your taste preference
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- 1 tsp onion granules
- Step 1. Mash your beans in a bit of the spare juice then set aside
- Step 2. Sautee onions lightly in a pan with a pinch of salt.
- Step 3. Put all ingredients in a bowl together.
- Step 4. Add all your Spices.
- Step 5. Mix and mash all your ingredients.
- Step 6. Roll into balls then shape into burgers.
- Cooking and Grilling
- These are amazing both grilled and frying.
- If frying, heat a pan with a bit of oil and cook the burgers for about 7 minutes each side on a medium to high heat.
- If you decide to grill, preheat your oven to about 400F or 220C. Add the burger onto a lightly oiled pan and grill for around 20 minutes turn each side halfway through the cooking time.
- Remove from the pan, toast some sesame buns. Add some fried onions on your burger with some crispy lettuce a slice of tomato, a slice of gherkin and a dollop of vegan mayo or ketchup.
- Customised with love and adapted to my taste from the minimilast baker
Creating a good vegan burger that holds together well can be, at the best of times a little tricky. My family always enjoyed a burger, it’s reliable comfort food. So I am always on the lookout for delish and customizable burger recipes and this is one I stumbled across and sprinkled in a bit of my own spicey flair to it.
Spice it up
Taste is everything! Finding a good combination of herbs and spices to give your burger flavour is essential. I created a great spice mix for this here, and you can get a little jar and add to it so you have it whenever the burger craving hits.
If you enjoyed this recipe, check out some of my favourite sides to go with it.
Customised with love and adapted to my taste from the minimilast baker