Creamy butternut squash soup is most definitely one of my favourite winter warmers. It’s simple to make and warms ya right down to your toes on chilly days.
Creamy Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 Butternut Squash Halved then cut into strips;
- 1 medium red onion roughly chopped;
- 1/2 Red pepper
- 1 courgette chopped;
- 3 Garlic Cloves;
- 1 can Tomatoes; + 1 can water
- 2 Veg stock cubes + 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper;
- 2 tbsp olive oil;
- 1 tsp thyme;
- 4 tsp mixed herbs;
- 1 tsp Onion Granules
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric
- 1 Tbsp Coconut cream
- Get the oven heating to about 220 C. Prepare all your veg for roasting.Halve your butternut squash and cut into strips. Cube your courgette and roughly chop your red onion and peppers.Coat with 1 tbsp of your oil and add a teaspoon of salt. Put in the hot oven and roast until squash is tender.
- Once this is done take out the veg and leave to one side to cool slightly.
- In a large pot add oil and garlic and a pinch of salt and cook slightly. Add in the tomatoes, can of water and vegetable stock. Gently bring to the boil adding in the remainder of your spices.
- While your base sauce is cooking up, remove the flesh of the butternut squash from the skin and pop it in a bowl. When all the flesh has been removed add it and the onions, courgette and pepper to the soup mix.
- Cook up for a further 5 minutes. Then using a hand whisk blend all your ingredients together.
- Once this is done, add in your coconut milk for a creamy texture. Add a pinch of black pepper.Serve with toasted pumpkin seeds.
You only need a few choice ingredients and a bit of prep and cook time to make this soup tasty. A fat ripe acorn squash, some onions, garlic a tin of tomatoes, herbs and a decent a sprinkle of salt and pepper.