Easy Pie Crust Recipe
Prep Time 10 minutes
Fridge 20 minutes
- 2 cups plain flour;
- 1 ½ tbsp sugar;
- ½ tsp salt;
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp vegan butter;
- 2 tbsp oil;
- 3/4 Cup ice cold water; Add more if needs be
- Sift flour, salt and sugar into a large bowl.
- Mix in your butter till it resembles breadcrumbs. Use a fork for this, the less you handle the dough mix the better.
- Using a fork add in your oil and mix.
- Add in the ice cold water and mix with a fork until dough mix starts to come together.
- Don’t over handle, quickly knead together, wrap in cling film and chill for 20 minutes.
- This can be used for quiches, pies, sweet pies or my favourite curry patties. If you need more, Double up your quantities.
Add your butter to your flour as above, mix, add oil and water. Gather together into a ball. Then roll out!
Press into your pie dish and …
Fill up your base with the Tofu Mix and add your toppings
Delicious, savoury bake with an added crunch.