A tasty vegan omelette stuffed with red onions and crispy fried potatoes and topped off with cheese and red peppers. Salivating much? You should be. This breakfast meal is chock full of flavour.errors later, I created a couple of my own recipes.
Scrumptious Vegan Omelette Recipe
- 3 tbsp Rice Flour plain flour will do;
- 5 tbsp Gram Flour;
- 1 tsp Salt;
- 1 tsp black pepper;
- 1/2 tsp thyme;
- 1 tbsp Nutritional Yeast;
- 6 par boiled baby potatoes;
- 1 medium red onion any colour onion will do;
- 1 1/2 tbsp vegan mozzarella
- 1/2 Half a red pepper;
- Prep and cook your filling first. Chop up your red onion, caramelise slightly in a pan and put in a small bowl. Next, and I used leftover baby potatoes. Alternatively, you can cook up a few potatoes yerself and sautee in a pan, then leave in small bowl next to your onions.
- In a bowl add your flour, seasoning and yeast. Whisk up together.
- Heat up some oil in your pan and add in enough mixture to fill the pan, cook for about four minutes. As the bottoms begins to firm, add your potatoes, about a teaspoon of cheese (save some for the topping) and onions, cook for another few minutes.
- To firm up I put under a hot grill for about 5 minutes, remove from the grill and fold the omelette in half.Sprinkle on some cheese and pop back in for a minute for the cheese to soften.
- When you remove it over with sliced red pepper for a deliciously fresh crunch to your savoury omelette.
My favourite meal of the day, breakfast!