A moreish mouthful of cheerful flavour. You will love this easy to bake Tofabulous Quiche Recipe.
Here’s a link to my pie crust recipe before you get started. Little effort needed
Best Vegan Tofu Quiche Recipe
- ½ cup tofu;
- 1 medium onion;
- 2 cloves garlic;
- ½ red pepper;
- 2 tbsp vegan yeast;
- 2 tbsp Vegan cheese grated;
- 1 potatoe peeled and grated;
- 1 tsp salt;
- 1 tsp black pepper;
- 1 tsp onion powder;
- 1 tsp mixed herbs;
- 1 tsp paprika;
- Ensure your tofu is well drained. Use a heavy pot and tea towel to squeeze off excess moisture. Also, get your oven on to about 200C.
- While this is happening. Do your veg prep, roughly chop onions, peppers and garlic.
- Spray an oven tray with some oil and add an even layer of your grated potato on the oven tray and lightly bake for about 10 minutes. Remove the potato just before it begins to crisp and leave to one side.
- Here’s a couple of things to keep you busy while the tatos are in the oven. Heat a pan and toss in your veg. Sauté lightly and add a sprinkling of salt to the pan, to sweeten up the onions.
- In a bowl, you can either blitz or mash up your tofu. Add in your herbs and spices, vegan yeast and whisk again.
- Roll out your pie crust and add to a quiche dish. Pour in your mixed tofu and add in the sautéed veg. (Don’t add potatoes just yet).
- Put in your preheated oven and bake for about 20 minutes. Remove add your potatos to the top of the mix and bake for a further 15 to 20 minutes.
- Honestly this quiche is even more delicious cold than hot, but what ever you love yourself, all you need do now is Enjoy!
Roll the piecrust into a 7 x 7 inch tin
Then pour in your mixture followed by your toppings. Bake for 15 minutes, then add the crispy potatoes and bake for a further 15 to 20 minutes.
Allow to fully cool, before serving a slice of tofu quiche deliciousness.
For more delicious recipes follow @theveganhoneypot on Instagram