These decadent mouth fillers are divinely vegan and so easy to make! Fluffy, light with a positively scrumptious melt in your mouth texture and lingering taste of creamy butter topped with sweet raspberry Jam.
How to Bake Perfect Fruit Scones
- 3 Cups Self-raising flour
- 1 Tsp Cream of tartar
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 3 Tbsp Caster sugar
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar Or 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 Cup Dried black cherries/sultanas Or nothing keep it plain
- 1 Tsp Vanilla essense
- 1/2 Cup Vegan butter
- 3/4 Cup Soya Milk Any plant based should do.
- In a mixing bowl, sift in dry ingredients. Flour, salt etc.
- Add your butter and mix until it lightly resembles breadcrumbs. Toss in your cherries or sultanas.
- Add in wet ingredients, ACV, vanilla essense and soya milk.
- Mix until it resembles a nice fluffy dough.
- Turn out on to a floured surface and simply cut out your scones. My dough is usually rolled out an inch or so thick.
- Preheat oven at 220 degrees Celsius and bake for 20 minutes.
Once I’ve mixed all my ingredients together, this is what my rolled dough looks like.
Cut out scone’s from the dough and place on a greased baking tray.
Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and serve with jam and butter. Or just eat them as is!
Follow @theveganhoneypot on Instagram for more juicy recipes and stories.