These decadent mouth fillers are divinely vegan and so easy to make! Fluffy, light with a positively scrumptious melt in your mouth texture and lingering taste of creamy butter topped with sweet raspberry Jam.
How to Bake Perfect Fruit Scones
- 3 Cups Self-raising flour
- 1 Tsp Cream of tartar
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 3 Tbsp Caster sugar
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar Or 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 Cup Dried black cherries/sultanas Or nothing keep it plain
- 1 Tsp Vanilla essense
- 1/2 Cup Vegan butter
- 3/4 Cup Soya Milk Any plant based should do.
- In a mixing bowl, sift in dry ingredients. Flour, salt etc.
- Add your butter and mix until it lightly resembles breadcrumbs. Toss in your cherries or sultanas.
- Add in wet ingredients, ACV, vanilla essense and soya milk.
- Mix until it resembles a nice fluffy dough.
- Turn out on to a floured surface and simply cut out your scones. My dough is usually rolled out an inch or so thick.
- Preheat oven at 220 degrees Celsius and bake for 20 minutes.
Once I’ve mixed all my ingredients together, this is what my rolled dough looks like.
Next I simply cut em out into round shapes, if you don’t have a cutter use a glass (old stool!). Grease a baking tray and line up the scones.
Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and serve with jam and butter. Or just eat them as is!