Scrumptious stuffed aubergine is a quick and easy recipe that works as a side or for your lunch. Most of your time is taken up with prep. From start to finish you are looking at 30 minutes give or take a few!
Here’s a quick and easy recipe for Stuffed Aubergine
- 2 Aubergines
- 1 Courgette
- I Cup Vegan mozzarella
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Tin Chopped tomatoes You can use fresh
- 1/2 Red pepper
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1/2 Tsp Black pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Oregano
- 1/2 Tsp Paprika
- 1/2 Tsp Marjoram
- 1/2 Tsp Basil Fresh basil is great
- 1 Tsp Salt You may need a bit more
- First thing I love to do is preheat my oven. Set it for 200 C then get to the business of preparing your vegables. Begin by halving your aubergines and scooping out the inside and soak in salted water for a few minutes. While they soak away move on to your next step.
- Add your oil to a pan. While this is heating up, chop up your courgettes, garlic, peppers and onion. Toss in to the pan and sauté for a couple of minutes. Add a pinch of salt at this stage then add your tomatoes and the rest of your herbs, spices and a stock cube.
- drain your aubergines and add them to your lightly bubbling veg mix. Cook long enough to reduce any excess liquid. This takes no more than ten mins max!
- While your sauce is simmering, line a baking tray with grease proof paper and brush on a bit of oil on to the bottom of the aubergines. Place them on the pan.
- Next, gently add the veg mix from the pan into you hollowed aubergine. Top each one with Mozzarella.Place into your hot oven and cook up for a further 15 minutes.
- This is a perfect accompanyment to salad or on a cold winters day, some crispy sautéed potatoes.Now eat, slurp and enjoy!
Saute, stuff, then serve …
If you read through all my recipes, they are all about taste, and balance of flavours. You can’t go wrong with a bit of salt and pepper and some herbs. This recipe uses very little oil, serves four people, and has flavours of lasagne without the calories. If, like me, your watching the aul waistline, its a
A healthier option to a lasagna and a great side for any hearty vegan meal!
Have you any similar recipes, have you tried this? Comment below!