A zesty accompaniment to a spicy chilli, or enjoyed, simply with a bowl of crunch tortilla’s. Whichever way you wish to enjoy, you will love making this flavoursome pico de gallo!
Zesty Pico de Gallo
- 1 Punnet Cherry tomatoes
- 1 Bunch Coriander
- 1/2 Jalapeño Optional
- 5 Spring onions
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Sugar
- 1 Lime juiced
- 1/4 Tsp Lime zest
- Pinch Ground coriander
- Wash then quarter your cherry tomatoes
- Squeeze in the juice of a whole lime and zest about a quarter for an added kick. Mix it about
- Add sugar and salt and a pinch of cumin
- Chop jalapeño into rings and add to the mix
- Finely chop spring onions and toss them in.
- Mix it up. Do a taste test and add more salt if needed.
- Finely chop the coriander and add to the pico. Serve with a chilli bowl or top on tacos.
Coriander gives the pico an earthy spicy punch. Love it.
Adding lime gives it a tropical zesty kick. You could add it from the bottle or sub with lemon juice, but I prefer fresh limes.
This is an easy side that honestly takes less than 20 minutes to prepare.
This goes gorgeous on top of my Chilli Concarne