A zesty accompaniment to a spicy chilli, or enjoyed, simply with a bowl of crunch tortilla’s. Whichever way you wish to enjoy, you will love making this flavoursome pico de gallo!
Zesty Pico de Gallo
- 1 Punnet Cherry tomatoes
- 1 Bunch Coriander
- 1/2 Jalapeño Optional
- 5 Spring onions
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Sugar
- 1 Lime juiced
- 1/4 Tsp Lime zest
- Pinch Ground coriander
- Wash then quarter your cherry tomatoes
- Squeeze in the juice of a whole lime and zest about a quarter for an added kick. Mix it about
- Add sugar and salt and a pinch of cumin
- Chop jalapeño into rings and add to the mix
- Finely chop spring onions and toss them in.
- Mix it up. Do a taste test and add more salt if needed.
- Finely chop the coriander and add to the pico. Serve with a chilli bowl or top on tacos.
Coriander for an earthy yet spicy punch.
A squeeze of lime for a zesty kick.
Sub with bottled lime juice or Lemon.
This is an easy side takes less than 20 minutes to prepare.
This goes gorgeous on top of my Chilli Non Carne