You know when you get that savoury craving, and go rooting in the fridge to satisfy it. Then you find the jar of Tasty Faux Gras you made the day before and your tastebuds do a victory dance …
… no! Well you will and I will help you. This is an easy vegan recipe full of flavoursome ingredients and, best of all totally satisfy.
Tasty Faux Gras
- 1.5 Cups Roughly 24 button mushrooms sliced
- 1 Onion Finely chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp Vegan Butter
- 1 Cup Cooked green lentils
- 1 Tbsp Fresh rosemary
- 1 Tbsp Fresh thyme
- 1/2 Tsp Salt Add More to taste if needs later
- 1/4 Cup Toasted almonds
- 2 Tsp Cognac
- 2 Tbsp Mulled chutney See notes
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
- Add a table spoon of oil to a large pan and clarify onions first. Add in the Garlic and cook for another minute or two. Then add your butter and the rest of the oil, toss in the mushrooms, and fry till cooked.Toast your almonds in the oven for a little over five minutes. Remove and smush
- The next few steps are easy –In a mixing bowl add your mushrooms, garlic and onions. Also pop in the toasted almonds.
- Next add in your rosemary and thyme, a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Toss in the cup of Lentils, followed by the cognac and mulled chutney.Then simply take a hand blender and mix until all the ingredients have combined into a smooth pate like consistency.
- Add the pate, into a sealable jar. If you wish you can seal the pate using some vegan butter. It’s nice but not necessary.Pop into the fridge and let it chill for an hour or so.
Fry up all those tasty mushrooms.
Add a sprig of fresh rosemary and thyme
A couple of teaspoons of the strong stuff!
Pop in a jar, seal it, chill it, then EAT it. Nom. In search of another easy vegan recipe, then have a browse of my website!
Ooh ooh, maybe I should add a bit of la la, as this is another French cuisine inspired easy vegan recipe you might like my delish French Onion Bread.
Please follow me @theveganhoneypot on social media. I do prefer a bit of Instagram though, so you will catch me hanging around there most days.