These Crispy Hash Browns are a great breakfast treat. Crispy and golden on the outside and soft and potatoey on the inside. Perfect for a Sunday vegan fry up.
Crispy Hash Browns
- 5 Medium Potatoes
- 1 tbsp butter for mashing
- 1 Medium Onion
- 3 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp corn meal
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 2 tbsp oil for frying
- Cook the potatoes.
- Fry the onions in a pan with a pinch of salt.
- When the potatoes are cooked, mash them with a knob of butter.
- Add cornflour, cornmeal and seasoning to the mashed potatoes.
- Shape into rounds.
- Fry both sides until they become crispy and a rich golden brown.
For more delicious recipes, follow my stories on Instagram @theveganhoneypot