Probably the best ever vegan fudge brownies I’ve made. Baked with a combination of a rich dark chocolate, cocoa powder and vegan butter. These divinely fudgy chocolate squares, melt in your mouth like chocolate heaven.
Begin by adding about 2/3’s of a cup of vegan butter to a bowl.
Then add in 1 1/4 cups of caster sugar to the butter, and beat until light and fluffy.
Pour into the butter and sugar mix, fold then sift in flour and cocoa.
Pour mixture into a shallow 9×9 baking tin.
Preheat oven to 180 C
Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes, until there is no jiggle. And allow to cool for up to an hour.
Once they have cooled, store them in a tin or plastic container. Can be refrigerated over night. I have to say, personally as much as I love them fresh, they are even better next day. That’s if you can keep the family hands away from the tin!
For more tasty recipes don’t forget to follow me on social media and instagram @theveganhoneypot for more tasty recipes.
Chocolate Fudge Brownies
- 1 cup (135 g) plain flour
- 1 1/4 cups caster sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup (150 g) vegan butter
- 300 g dark chocolate
- 100 ml plant milk
- 1 tsp ACV/vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Instant coffee (note this is optional)
- Add butter to a bowl and beat in the sugar until your mix is light and fluffy. Once this is done get on to your chocolate.
- Melt 200 g of the chocolate with the table spoon of oil in a bowl over a pot of hot water. Or you can melt in the micro wave in short 50 second bursts till it has completely melted. Ensure you reserve the other 100 g. Let the chocolate cool before pouring into the sugar and butter mix.
- I usually break up my 100 g bar of chocolate into small pieces while the melted chocolate is cooling.
- Fold the melted chocolate into your butter mix.
- Sift in your Flour, cocoa powder, coffee and salt. And fold that into your mix. The coffee is optional, but if you do choose to put some in, it really enhances the chocolate flavour.
- Add the vinegar to plant milk and let curdle for a couple of minutes. Then add in the Vanilla Essence. Once ready, fold into your mix.
- Now it is time to fold in the chopped chocolate bits.Make sure you have lined a square baking tin, mine is 9 x 9
- Pop in a preheated oven (180 degrees C or 356 F) and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Once it has baked. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool fully before you cut it into squares. I usually leave mine stand an hour.