This Courgette and Currant Muffin Recipe is divinely flavoursome and simple to make. Adding courgette to the recipe is a trick to keeping vegan muffins soft and moist and delicious.
Courgette & Currant Muffins
- 1 ¾ cup Plain or Wholewheat Flour
- ¾ cup Soft brown sugar
- ¼ cup potato starch
- 1 small grated courgette
- 1 cup of currants
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¾ cup soya milk
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- ¼ cup + tbsp vegetable oil
- Sift the flour into a large bowl. Add in potato starch, grated courgette, currants and the rest of the dry ingredients.
- In a jug add soya milk and vinegar, leave stand for five minutes.
- After five minutes is up, add in the vanilla essence and the oil.Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and give it a mix with a spatula or fork. Beating by hand is best!
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Pour mixture into muffin cases and place in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Test with a toothpick to ensure it comes out clean.
All the dry ingredients packed into the bowl, spiced up and ready for mixing!
Battered up and ready for muffin cases
Time to B A K E …
All there’s left to do now is pop on the kettle!
And don’t forget to check out my live recipes and stories on instagram @theveganhoneypot