This is a devilishly delectable breakfast pancake recipe. Super fluffy and deliciously simple to make.
- 2 Cups Plain flour
- 1 Tsp Cream of tartar
- 1/2 Tsp Baking powder
- 2 Cups Vanilla Milk If your batter is a bit thick, just add milk as you need it
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/2 Cup Soya Protein Yogurt Plain soya or vanilla soya yogurt works well also
- 1 Tsp Vegan Butter per three pancakes
- Sieve your flour into a large bowl and add the cream of tartar and baking powder.
- Gradually whisk in your milk and add the protein yogurt.
- In a large pan add a good tsp of vegan butter. Bring the heat up high to melt the butter.Drop three ladles of batter into the pan as seen in the image below.As they cook, reduce the heat to medium so they don’t burn.
- You can tell when one side of your pancake is cooked as little holes appear on the surface.When this happens, flip your pancakes, cook for a further two to three minutes.
- Note, the cooking time for your pancakes is roughly 3/4 minutes each side.
- Stack em up and leave in a warm oven, until you have used all the batter.Or do what I do, feed the fam as they are cooked. Slather with maple syrup, a squeeze of lime or lemon or a heap of raspberry jam.
This is a super light and easy batter to make. Breakfast for the family in under 30 minutes.
Fancy a more decadent treat, why not try my Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
For more delicious pancake recipes and stories follow @theveganhoneypot on Instagram.