A moreish mouthful of cheerful flavour. You will love this easy to bake Tofabulous Quiche Recipe.
Here’s a link to my pie crust recipe before you get started. Little effort needed
Best Vegan Tofu Quiche Recipe
- 190 g Extra Firm Tofu (half block)
- 1 medium onion;
- 2 cloves garlic;
- ½ red pepper;
- 4 tbsp vegan yeast;
- ¼ cup Vegan cheese grated;
- 1 potatoe peeled and grated;
- ¾ tsp Black Salt
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper;
- 1 tsp onion powder;
- 1 tsp mixed herbs;
- 1 tsp paprika;
- Always start with the pastry, get it made up and stored in the fridge for about 30 minutes (note the longer you leave it in the better the pastry) to ensure it is cool. Please follow the link at the bottom of this recipe for the perfect pastry.
- Ensure your tofu is well drained. Use a heavy pot and tea towel to squeeze off excess moisture. Also, get your oven on to about 200C.
- While this is happening. Do your veg prep, roughly chop onions, peppers and garlic.
- Spray an oven tray with some oil and add an even layer of your grated potato on the oven tray and lightly bake for about 10 minutes. Remove the potato just before it begins to crisp and leave to one side. (This can be done at the same time you are blind baking your pastry base) See notes.
- Here’s a couple of things to keep you busy while the tatos are in the oven. Heat a pan and toss in your veg. Sauté lightly and add a sprinkling of salt to the pan, to sweeten up the onions.
- While the veg is lightly sauteeing over a medium heat, prep your tofu filling.In a blender add the tofu, salt, pepper and the rest of the season, nooch, milk and yogurt. Blitz it up until you have a creamy paste. It is possible to use an immersion blender for this also.
- Roll out your pastry, and carefully fill a pie dish. Add some grease proof paper and dried rice into the paper, then pop it in the oven to blind bake for ten minutes. Remove from the oven and get on to the next step.
Fill it up
- Remove the greaseproof paper and rice from the pie crust. Set it to one side for the moment.Add the sauteed veg to the tofu blend and stir it all together. Add the partially cooked potatoes to the top of the quiche.
- Put in your preheated oven and bake for about 30 minutes. If cooked well it comes out quite set.
- Honestly this quiche is even more delicious cold than hot, but what ever you love yourself, all you need do now is Enjoy!
Roll the piecrust into a 7 x 7 inch tin
Then pour in your mixture followed by your toppings. Bake for 15 minutes, then add the crispy potatoes and bake for a further 15 to 20 minutes.
Allow to fully cool, before serving a slice of tofu quiche deliciousness.
For more delicious recipes follow @theveganhoneypot on Instagram