The Tastiest Ever Garlic Flatbread
This is a deliciously versatile flatbread recipe. You can make pizza, garlic bread, garlic bread with the edges stuffed with cheese, or use it as a flatbread to eat with hummus or as is.
So simple and takes about 30 minutes start to finish to put together. My garlic flat bread topped with sundried tomatoes and olives is a delicious sharing treat that goes great with a good Netflix show or Family movie night
Garlic Flat Bread
- 1 Cup plain flour (150 g plus extra for dusting)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup alpro greek yogurt
- 1/2 lemon squeezed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5 cloves minced garlic
- olives and sund ried tomatoes optional
- 1/2 Cup Vegan Cheese (optional)
- Add the dry ingredients into a bowl. Give it a mix then pour in the yogurt. (note if the dough is a bit sticky just dust in extra flour) Bring together to form a dough ball. Let it rest for ten minutes. Once the time is up, divide into two pieces.
- Roll out the first piece, and this is where it gets fun. Sprinkle cheese around the edges then fold them and pinch together. Doesn't need to be perfect. Just make sure you have sealed the edges. Then pop it into a hot pan for approx 2 minutes each side. (Demonstrated in video below) /Alternatively, omit the cheese. Just pop the rolled out disc into the pan, cook for a minute each side then transfer onto an oven tray.
- Preheat oven to 200 CSlather the garlic bread with olive oil and garlic. Then pop into the hot oven for about 7 minutes.Remove from the oven then if you want, scatter on some olives and sundried tomatoes.Repeat this step for the second piece and that's it. Easy garlic bread.
Check out this short instructional video showing how I put it all together.