Chunkarittos (aka Tasty Vegan Burritos) aptly named coz they’re packed with juicy vegan meaty fabulousness. Chocked with flavoursome spices and textures, juicy bite after bite. You’ll be salivating for more.
- 2 Cups prepped Soya Chunks see notes
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 can tomatoes
- 1 veg stock cub dissolved in cup of hot water
- 1/2 tspCrushed whole cumin seeds for pan seasoning
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp hot chilli powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp chipotle sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 Tortilla wraps
Pico de gallo ingredients
- Punnet of cherry tomatoes quartered
- 3 spring onions chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Bunch coriander chopped
- 2 Avocados
- 1/2 lime squeezed
- Spring onion
- Chipotle Mayo
- Prep onions, garlic, peppers and have seasoning to hand. Keep prepped soya chunks to hand. See links below for soya chunk prep.
- Heat up oil in a pan and add the crushed cumin seeds. Cook for a minute then add onions, garlic and peppers. Cook for another couple of minutes before adding the soya chunks.
- Add in spices and vegetable stock. Pour in a can of tinned tomatoes. Add in extra water if needed. Increase heat, bring to the boil then reduce so that most of the liquid and spices is absorbed into the chunks.
- While the chunks are simmering gently, prepare your guacamole and pico de gallo.
This is a super fun and delicious recipe to make. I have included a short video at the end and also here are some helpful PREP links.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe. Please follow me on Instagram @theveganhoneypot for live stories and more recipes