This is one of the easiest and tastiest granola bar recipe out there. So easy to make and bake and honestly, better than what you could buy in a store. Sure anything you bake yourself is always a little tastier and healthier. This recipe requires minimal ingredients and is packed with a crunchy bite. Great snack if you have a busy day, or are going on a long walk or hike.
Delicious Gluten Free Granola Bars
- 13 “ x 9 “ pan
- 170 g Oats 2 cups
- 55 g light brown sugar 1/4 cup
- 60 ml olive oil
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp tahini see notes for subs
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- ½ cup almond flakes
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- 50 g dark chocolate.
- Preheat oven to 180 C
- Firstly, process about half cup of the oats (roughly 50g), until you get an oat like flour.
- Next in a large bowl, whisk in maple syrup, sugar, oil and tahini.
- Add in the cup of processed oats and stir.
- Then add in your remaining ingredients (except the chocolate) and make sure it is all mixed up.
- Line a 13 x 9 pan with grease proof paper (you could bake this in an oven dish of similar dimensions if you don’t have a pan.).
- Pour in your mixture and flatten until even. See images below for what it should look like.
- Bake for approximate 35 to 40 minutes, rotate tray midway through bake.
- 5 minutes before you remove the tray from the oven, melt the chocolate.
- Remove tray from the oven, then using a whisk, randomly draw lines of chocolate on the bar. (You can skip this if you have no chocolate, bars will still be yummy).
- Let cool for about 15 minutes, then divide into about 12 bars.
Add oil, syrup, tahini, salt and sugar in a bowl.
Mix it up then add the processed oats.
Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix it up before pressing into your pan.
Press evenly into your baking pan. Preheat the oven and bake for approx 40 minutes, checking as you go.
Decorate with the chocolate, leave cool and enjoy a bite later with a large mug of coffee.
Don’t forget to follow @theveganhoneypot on social media.