It’s harvest time and apples and delicious autumnal fruits are in abundance. These Easy Apple Crumble Squares are a perfect treat for chilly autumn days. Simple to put together and the warm apple aromas, oozing from the oven will tempt your tastebuds.Jump to Recipe
This recipe is so easy. Just add in all your ingredients together into a large bowl and squish it together. Then press two thirds of the mix into a baking tray.
Once it is nicely pressed. Pour over your stewed apple mix.
Next simply pour the remaining mixture evenly over the top of your stewed apple.
Preheat oven to 180 C and bake for 25 minutes until golden brown. Then all that’s left to do is cool for ten minutes, or even better if you have some vanilla ice cream sitting idly in the freezer, add a dollop an enjoy warm.
Easy Apple Crumble Squares
- 5 large cooking apples
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 115 g vegan butter (1/2 cup)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 100 g brown Sugar (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or golden syrup)
- 150 g plain flour (1 cup)
- 200 g oats (2 cups + 3 tbsp)
- Peel, core and roughly chop your apples. Then pop them in a pot with butter, water, sugar and cinnamon and cook until apples are tender.
Base and Topping
- Preheat oven to 180 C Melt the butter. Then add all the flour, oats, syrup, sugar into a bowl and pour over the butter. Don’t forget to add in your vanilla.Mix it all together until you have a sticky crumbly dough.
- Press about two thirds of the mixture into a lined baking tray. I used a 9 x 12 tin.
- Once your apples are stewed and ready layer these over the base mix.
- With the remainder of the crumble mix pour it evenly over the apples.
- Pop into your preheated oven and bake for 25 minutes or until the topping is golden brown.
How simply delicious is this recipe. I really hope you give it ago and let me know if you do.
And for more tasty recipes don’t forget to follow @theveganhoneypot on social media.