Easy Flatbread Pizza
This is a super and easy recipe to recreate. You need only a few basic ingredients to get going, and for the toppings, well, you can keep it simple or load on your favourites.
Deprecated: _register_controls is deprecated since version 3.1.0! Use Elementor\Controls_Stack::register_controls() instead. in /home/deborahl/Theveganhoneypot.ie/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5323
Yeast free Flatbread Pizza
- large nonstick pan
- 325 g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 200 ml greek soya or plain yogurt
- 120 ml plant milk
- ¼ cup tomato puree
- ½ cup passata or chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp onion granules
- ½ tsp garlic granules
- 1 tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp chopped green olives
- 1 tbsp red pepers (optional)
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 red pepper sliced
- 10 cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 1/2 cups vegan mozzarella
- Prepare your dough first.
- In a bowl add the dry ingredients. Mix in the lemon juice, milk and yogurt, bring together into a round and leave to stand for about five to ten minutes, while you prepare the rest of your ingredients.
- For the tomato paste, simply add the passata and tomato paste to a bowl. Add in your seasoning and stir.Prep your garlic oil for drizzling by adding minced garlic and oil to a small bowl.
- Divide the dough into four.Roll into balls, then flatten and roll out into pizza shapes.
- Preheat your oven to 220° C
- Now get your frying pan hot. once you have rolled out the pizza dough, add the first one to the frying pan. Once bubbles form on the dough, flip and fry for another minute.This step takes no longer than 2 minutesRemove from the pan then transfer onto an oven tray.
- Drizzle on your garlic oil, over the pizza base, then add your tomato paste. Cover the pizza with vegan mozzarella and the toppings of your choice.
- Pop into the oven for 8 to ten minutes. Remove when cheeze has melted.
- Repeat this process until all the pizza's are done
In a bowl combine dry ingredients first. Ensure the baking powder and salt is fully incorporated in the flour. Next add in the rest of dough ingredients.
Bring the dough together, shape into a round and let it stand for ten minutes. Then when you are ready to cook. Quarter it. This makes 4 nice size pizza’s.
Roll out the dough as thin as you can. Then pop into a hot pan and cook till bubbles appear, flip then repeat. This process takes no more than two minutes. Alternatively, instead of adding to the pan, you can pop the naked base into the oven for a few minutes and remove once bubble have formed, then add your toppings.
I made a simple garlic oil to add to the base. Its optional, but if you make it simply drizzle over the garlic oil, brush on the tomato paste and then pop on your favourite toppings.
Then simply pop into the oven for ten minutes, or until the cheeze has melted. I like to finish with a sprinkle of dried or fresh basil.