Easy Bake Vegan Scones
These decadent mouth fillers are divinely vegan and so easy to make! Fluffy, light with a positively scrumptious melt in your mouth texture and lingering taste of topped witcoconut whipped cream and sweet raspberry Jam.
Easy to Bake Vegan Scones
- 2 Mixing bowls
- 1 baking tray
- 450 g plain flour
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- 2 Tsp Baking powder
- 1 Tbsp Caster sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla essense
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar/white vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Dried black cherries/sultanas Or nothing keep it plain
- 4 tbsp Vegan butter
- 180 ml Plant Milk Any plant based should do.
- 4 tbsp Protein Yogurt (plant based)
- Preheat oven at 200 ° C
- In a mixing bowl, sift in dry ingredients. Flour, salt etc. Ensure you give all the dry ingredients a good whisk around to ensure baking powders and soda are fully incorporated.Note - as I am making half fruit and half plain scones omit fruit at this point.
- Add vinegar to the milk and leave to stand for a moment. Melt your vegan butter and allow to cool for a minute.Pop in the tsp of vanilla essence to the cooling butter.
- Make a well in the centre of your dry ingredients and then pour in the milk, butter and yogurt. Stir it together with a wooden spoon and then divide the dough into two.
- Place one half of the dough into the spare mixing bowl and knead in raisins.WIth the plain dough, roll it out to about an inch thick and using a cutter, shape six plain scones.Repeat this process with the fruit dough. You should easily be able to cut out 6 perfectly round scones.
- Brush the top of your scones with melted butter or plant milk. Then pop into the oven and bake for 20 minutes, until the scones are lightly golden.
Before I start baking, I like to make sure I have all my ingredients to hand. This makes for tastier scones! The truth.
Now you can get on with the prep which should take no longer than 20 minutes.
Once you’ve rolled out your dough, it should look something like this.
Repeat this step for the plain half also.
Line them up on your baking tray. Ensure you have your oven preheating. This will help get the gorgeous golden top once they have finished baking.
I brush my tops with melted butter and a drop of maple syrup. Plant milk works well also.
Once baked they should look lightly golden and a little fluffier
Top with raspberry jam and a dollop of coconut whip cream. Alternatively, lash on loads of creamy non dairy spread.
Enjoy hot or cold.