Banana and Blueberry Muffin Cake does not last long in my house. Perfect snack for rainy days and Sunday afternoons. It oozes fruity flavours and melts in your mouth.
Blueberry and Banana Muffin Cake.
- 1 3/4 cups of wholewheat
- Or plain flour.
- 1/4 cup potato starch.
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ginger optional
- 3/4 cup soft brown sugar.
- 1 cup plant milk
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
3 ripe bananas mashed
1 full cup of blueberries.
Preheat your oven to 190 C
- Sift all the dry ingredients into
- A large mixing bowl.
Mash your bananas in a separate bowl and leave to one side for the moment.
In a jug combine plant milk and vinegar. I like to leave this mix for five minutes until the milk has curdled before adding the rest of the wet ingredients.
- When the milk has curdled add oil and vanilla essence and give it a quick whisk.
- Now add your mashed banana to the dry mix. Pour over your wet mix and toss in your blueberries.
I like to stir by hand, as you don’t want to over mix it. Just enough to blend all the ingredients into a nice batter
- Pour your batter into your lined loaf tin (see notes).Pop into the oven and bake for 50 minutes to an hour.Sounds like a long time, but its a fruity mix and so worth the wait.Test with a tooth pick at the end of cooking to ensure it comes out clean.
Pour your batter into a lined loaf tin. Because of all the fruit in this bake, it needs a little extra cooking time. But don’t worry it is soooo worth it!!
Oozing with blueberries and smells amazing. A great recipe to bake with your kids.
I promise this recipe is the most delicious and the cake is moist, soft fully and most importantly super delicious!!
If you liked this recipe, check out my sumptuous Fruity Scones
And don’t forget to check out my live recipes and stories on instagram @theveganhoneypot